Join our Care Program, taking care of your preventive care with a monthly subscription, and save money today!Learn More
How to Care for a Dental Crown
A dental crown is a fixed dental restoration that covers the visible portion of the tooth. A dental crown is designed specifically for your smile. We may suggest a dental crown in Wichita, Kansas, to:
– Support a tooth that has had a large dental filling or multiple fillings where there isn’t much remaining tooth structure
– Protect a weak or cracked tooth
– Support and restore a broken tooth
– Hold a dental bridge in place
– Cover a dental implant
– Cover and improve the appearance of a stained or misshaped tooth
– Support a tooth that has had root canal treatment performed on it
It is possible for a dental crown can last a lifetime, but they can become loose or fall out. To help your dental crown have a long and happy life, exercise proper dental hygiene. Brush your teeth and crown twice a day. In addition, it is imperative that you floss daily, including the area around your crown. Another way to aid the health of your dental crown is to visit Cambridge Family Dentistry at least two times a year for a dental checkup. You can avoid damage to your new dental crown by avoiding chewing on hard foods, ice, or other hard things.
Feel free to contact our dental office today to learn more and to schedule your next visit with our dentist.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in all articles published on the Cambridge Family Dentistry website do not necessarily reflect the views of our staff members at Cambridge Family Dentistry.